Technical Information on Charitable Giving
Find a wide array of Congressional information, including a search tool to easily locate and contact your federal, state, and local officials.
- The Library of Congress
Find the text of Congressional bills and agendas.
- US Government Printing Office
The GPO is the Federal Government's primary centralized resource for gathering, cataloging, producing, providing, authenticating, and preserving published information in all its forms.
The new, friendlier IRS has an extensive home on the Web that is loaded with information, including sections on tax information for businesses, tax help and education, and an area for downloading tax forms in PCL or PostScript.
- National Capital Gift Planning Council
The National Capital Gift Planning Council is a not-for-profit professional organization dedicated to advancing and promoting charitable gift planning. We offer educational programming that enhances professional development, provides opportunities for networking, and promotes cooperation among the many professional disciplines that are involved in the charitable gift planning process.
- Partnership for Philanthropic Planning
Visit the Web site for the national association for charitable gift planners.
- Financial Planning Association (Minnesota Chapter)
Learn about an association of financial planners, accountants, attorneys, bankers, charitable giving specialists, insurance agents, stockbrokers, money managers, investment consultants, broker-dealer and corporate executives, and others who champion the financial planning process.
- Minneapolis Estate Planning Council & Financial and Estate Planning Council of St. Paul
These councils are professionals that strive to foster understanding of the proper relationship between the functions of the life underwriter, trust officer, attorney, accountant, and any other party or parties having to do with estate planning, and encourage cooperation of persons acting under those disciplines.
- Association of Fundraising Professionals
Formerly known as the National Society of Fundraising Executives, AFP is the national association for fundraisers.
- Council on Foundations
The Council is an association of foundations and corporations that serves the public good by promoting and enhancing effective and responsible philanthropy.
- American Council of Gift Annuities
ACGA provides educational and other services to American charities regarding gift annuities and other forms of planned gifts.
- Council for the Advancement and Support of Education
CASE is the national association for development professionals working in educational organizations.
- Association for Healthcare Philanthropy
AHP is the national association for development professionals working in health care.
- LEAVE A LEGACY®
The national LEAVE A LEGACY® site, sponsored by NCPG, includes information about and links to LEAVE A LEGACY® programs across the nation.
- Foundation Center
This site provides the most comprehensive database on U.S. grantmakers and their grants.
- Women's Philanthropy Institute
A site focusing on the difference that women can make—and are making—through philanthropy.
- National Committee for Responsive Philanthropy
A committee devoted to expanding the horizons of philanthropy to the less wealthy to create a more democratic society.
A donor's guide to the nonprofit universe, GuideStar offers a free, searchable database of the programs and finances of more than 600,000 U.S. nonprofit organizations.
This site is a nationwide resource for obituaries and guestbooks.
- Stock Charts
This site shows historical values of stock prices.
This site is a free service that provides insurance quotes from the nation's leading insurance companies. It covers many kinds of insurance, including life insurance.
- The Chronicle of Philanthropy, a newspaper published by the Chronicle of Higher Education, Inc., 1255 23rd St NW, Washington DC 20037.
- Planned Gifts Counselor published by Practical Publishing, LLC, PO Box 970367, Orem, UT 84097, Tel: 877-PGC-049
- Planned Giving Today edited and published by G. Roger Schoenhals, 100 2nd Ave S, Ste 180, Edmonds, WA 98020, Tel: 800-525-5748
- Taxwise Giving by Conrad Teitell, 13 Arcadia Rd, Old Greenwich, CT 06870, Tel: 203-637-4553
- Wiley Non-Profit Resource Center published by John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 605 3rd Ave, New York, NY 10158-0012, Tel: 212-850-6000
- Books on Planned Giving
Link to the hottest bestsellers in the industry and order them online. You get Amazon.com's great discounted prices and selection, and MPGC gets a small percentage of the sale.
Search for other books and products at Amazon.com:
- Crescendo Interactive
This site is the source for Crescendo planned giving software.
This online resource for development professionals features a free, confidential, national job bank and other information resources.
- Endowment Development Services (EDS)
- Pentera, Inc.
Pentera specializes in planned giving marketing materials, featuring newsletters, booklets, and target mailers for prospects.
- PG Calc
This site is the source for PG Calc planned giving software.
- Planned Giving Services
In conjunction with others at PG Calc, this firm provides consulting services throughout the United States and Canada with respect to all facets of planned giving.
This site is the source for Philanthrotec planned giving software.
- The Sharpe Group
This company provides planned giving marketing materials and consulting.
- R&R Newkirk
Stelter provides planned giving marketing programs and materials as well as education and training.
- Virtual Giving, Inc.